Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

DIY Bookend Makeover



Woohooo it's the weekend guys! This will be my first easy peasy DIY project I want to share with you. It's so simple, all you have to do is find a lacquer spray paint and paint an old bookend to make it look new again. I found this really cool horse head bookend. It had so many scratches I decided I could hide them and make it look even cooler by painting it white.



Lacquer spray paint- $4.98



SOOOOO many scratches! I would have never bought this if I didn't have the idea to paint it.







A couple coats and...



Tadaaaaa! Isn't it Beautiful! I have no space for it so guess what...it's for sale in my etsy shop. What I would do, to prevent the bookend from falling over, is place a small "L" bracket in the back so the books sit on the bracket for more stability.
This project is a reminder that everything has potential to look pretty again.
If you have any bookend projects i'd love to see them.
Have fun!
-katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...