Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

The "do it yourselfer"

Growing up without much money and a dad who thinks he can build everything in order to save cash, has made me a "do-it-yourselfer". With my fairly new discovery of Pinterest and the unnecessary amount of college fees, I have found that my DIY self will come in handy. The only problem is finding money for these amazing projects along with paying my rent. 


There are so many things that I feel I need, but actually they are just things I want. Doesn't this always happen. I know I need a bed, a desk, a chair, and a dresser. Necessary right? I have a desk from home that I will use. Of course there was a DIY desk I wanted to make, but i'll just wait until I have an actual house. I figured I could save space and money by making a bed frame with storage underneath. This bed to be exact...



I can put baskets on the bottom to use as drawers. The only thing I plan on changing is the headboard. I found a tutorial on how to make a tufted headboard and it looks fairly easy. So far I have bought fabric and foam; all I need now is peg board and a button kit. I found clearance fabric in a coral color for $9 a yard. I had to buy two yards because it is thin and see-through. During the memorial day sale at Joanns I was able to snatch a little more than one yard of 2" foam for $15!!! instead of $30.99 a yard!!! 
There are a few modifications I would make, and when I do make it i'll be sure to post my own tutorial to share!
I would like to make this lampshade as well and put it on a simple floor lamp. 


By Katie


Stay creative!
-katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...