Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hawaii 2010

So i left Washington on wed the 28th of April to Oahu. I was sooo super excited to see my family and friends I could hardly contain myself on the plane. I flew by myself and had the row to myself AND a window seat!! yay :D

Right when I "deplaned" (lol) I felt the humid air hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh how i missed you my Hawaii!
After chasing after my luggage on the conveyer belt at baggage claim I was greeted by my mom, aunty, and little cousin Riley.
The rest of the day was mostly errands to prepare for my sisters wedding. No beach today, but thats alright.
I tried to watch the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" but I fell asleep around 8 p.m..

The next day my mom and I went to Ben Franklin crafts to buy more yarn to make leis. We went up to the counter to pay and the lady tells us the yarn will be on sale tomorrow!! so we had to come back the next day. Thursday was a little slow because we didn't really have a set schedule on what we were supposed to do for the wedding and all that, so we just went with the flow of things. Later that afternoon mom took me to the beach and we stuck our toes in the sand and took some pictures.

Friday was the day of the sale so we rushed to be one of the first to get in before all the good stuff was sold out. We had to pick up my dad from the airport and went straight to Zippy's!! hahah he so desperately needed his pork cutlet. next was the beach. Of course I wanted to get tan so i laid out while mom and dad swam in the salty water. I did swim, not too long but just enough. While I was in the water I spotted some buff guys in speedos on the beach! I later realized they were a swim team and they all walked together in a group probably thinkin they were all that. hahaha
Next stop was to pick up my best friend (Jordan) from elementary school. It was sooo nice to see her and boy did she get tall!!! oh em gee! hahaha we ate shave ice in Waiola. Dinner was at my aunt's house in Hawaii Kai and Jordan tagged along.

Saturday!! it's the big day.

Woke up at eight and got ready for the wedding. Rode to Kailua beach around ten and tried to ind parking. It took some time, but we made it :D
The day couldn't be more beautiful! The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze on the beach. In hawaii they say it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day, and guess what?! It drizzled for a minute and went away, so it was still good luck. it was so sunny that everyone got sunburned.
The ceremony was lovely even though my sister (the bride) had a hard time sliding the ring on Nick's (the groom) finger; so funny. After they said their I do's everyone took pictures and got even more sunburned!

Next was the reception.
It turned out fantastic and all thanks to my aunty Yoly! She did a lot of work to put everything together and it was perfect!
A perfect amount of people showed up and we had a whole lot of fun. It wasn't windy, thanks to my grandpa's genius idea to black the violent winds with a screen, and there were no mosquitos! Thank goodness. There were a lot of laughs, smiles, and dancing throughout the night, along with many drinks. hahah

Sunday was a gloomy day and slow. Everyone woke up late.
I woke up around seven, got out of bed said good morning, and went back to bed.
Woke up at nine and ate cereal. ahaha weird!
My cousin Rianne showed my parents and around Pele's chair where we jumped off rocks into the water. Was so fun and a little scary at first haha.
Later that night I ate dinner at Phook yuen (misspelled) with my uncle Cordell and aunty Debbie.

The last day of my trip was also gloomy and all I did was shop. A sad day really :(

My plane ride home was by myself again and was a red eye flight. This time my seat was right next to the lavatory, so whenever someone went to the bathroom the light would shine in my face. so annoying.

Some of the many photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...